Christmas Opening Hours
Thursday 24th December Open as usual
Friday 25th December CLOSED
Saturday 26th December CLOSED
Sunday 27th December CLOSED
Monday 28th December CLOSED
Tuesday 29th December Open as usual
Wednesday 30th December Open as usual
Thursday 31st December Open as usual
Friday 1st January CLOSED
Please ensure your medications are ordered in plenty of time over the festive period. If you need any help or advice when we are closed, please telephone 111. For any medical emergencies, please telephone 999.
TO ALL OF OUR PATIENTS
We are all excited to hear that there is real progress on a Covid vaccine and that this should improve the quality of life for all of us.
We know that you, like us, are struggling with the confines imposed upon us all due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Everyone is trying to make the best of the situation and, as a practice, we are committed to caring for you in the best possible way whilst keeping both you and our team safe.
To keep you as informed as possible, we will update these messages frequently as we become aware of more information from NHS England:
- The Pfizer/BioNTech has now been approved by the British regulator (Medicines & Healthcare products Regulatory Agency) as safe to be used.
- Due to issues about having to store the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine at very low temperatures, it is probably going to be delivered to hospitals first.
- The 2 other Covid vaccines that are in development and have not yet been licensed to be used on patients in the UK – but we are expecting them to be licensed very soon.
- It appears that those eligible for the vaccine will need to have two Covid-19 vaccines for them to be most effective
- There will be some large vaccination centres and some mobile units to deliver and administer the vaccines. We do not know yet what there will be in our area.
- Many thousands of people have volunteered to be part of the project to organise and administer these vaccines which is really encouraging.
- The expectation is that the vaccinations will not start for most people until 2021 and it will take some time to vaccinate everyone who is eligible.
Meanwhile, we all need to keep to the advice of hand-washing, face masks and social distancing but we all look forward to the time when we will return to life as normal.
Thank you for your patience
We are in the process of sending out our flu invitation letters to all eligible patients. Please read this carefully and keep it in a safe place as you will need to bring it along to your clinic for proof of eligibility.
Reminder: The car park and toilets will not be open for use. The surgery will not be opened until the start of the clinic so you will not be able to come in and wait. Please try and turn up at your allocated time to ensure good spacing of patients. Please be prepared for inclement weather.
IMPORTANT NOTICE regarding REPEAT PRESCRIPTION ORDERING
Due to the new working days and hours of the GP's from April 2018, we are aware that sometimes we are struggling to achieve the 48 hours (2 working days) turn around for repeat prescriptions. We are therefore planning to change this to 72 hours (3 working days) from August 2018. The turn around period will not include weekends or Bank Holiday's as we are not open on these days and do not process repeat prescriptions.
Please be aware of this change and help us to get your prescription done in a timely manner by ordering your medication in plenty of time before you will run out.
2019 Newsletter - available now - Please click on 'Read our Newsletter' on the top right hand side of the 'News' page
Unfortunately, Dr Berit French will be leaving us from the middle of June 2020 to move on to pastures new. Her last working day at the practice will be Friday 12th June. Patients who are registered with Dr French do not need to do anything as they will get allocated to the new GP automatically.
We will be very sad to see her go and wish her luck in her new practice.
We will be welcoming Dr Medi Bordbar to the team officially from September 2020, but you may get to deal with him in the interim during some of his locum sessions that he has with us during June, July and August.